SINU-KNIT - Dissolvable Post-op Nasal Dressing
- Customer pickup,
- In detail
SINU-KNIT is a dissolvable post-op nasal dressing (intranasal splint) intended to minimize bleeding and edema and to prevent adhesions within the nasal cavity.
Made of carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) that has been formed into a convenient mesh-like fabric, SINU-KNIT converts to a dense gel after hydration. This dense gel provides a moist hydrocolloid physical barrier that minimizes the occurrence of post-op bleeding and adhesions.
Convenient mesh-like fabric form factor
- Dry fabric can be cut and manipulated prior to insertion to provide a custom fit based on user preference
- Easy to place and hydrate, converted gel stays in place until it naturally dissolves
Highly Absorbent polysaccharide material
- Forms a viscous hydrocolloid gel when hydrated
- Absorbs multiple times its weight in water
Converts to a dense CMC gel
- Minimizes intra- and postoperative bleeding and edema
- Provides a moist physical barrier that supports and separates mucosal tissue to minimize post-op adhesions
- Dissolves through normal outflow for easy post-op debridement. No need to remove post-op packing